Idol Chatter: Right on time

Saturday, March 11, 2006

Right on time

Last night I went with some friends to the Castro theatre and saw "Valley Girl" and "The Legend of Billie Jean". We were drinking in the theatre and thus, yelling at the screen. Luckily we weren't the only ones doing it, so no worries, right? Leaving the theatre at midnight, we were tipsy and not quite done celebrating the wonder that is Nicolas Cage's chest hair shaved into the shape of eagle, we wandered into Moby Dick's. That's when the black out happened. I remember nothing. I'm so glad I've mastered taking out my contacts during a blackout, or else I would need stock in Accuvue. Imagine my surprise after getting home at God-knows-when as I was torn from my coma by the world's loudest knocking at my front door. Who in the fuck would dare beat on my door at 8am on a Saturday morning? Why, RCN cable of course, there at my request to install a dual-tuner High Definition Digital Video Recorder. You hear that BeyondTV? No more missed shows, or even worse, recordings that have a tendency to UN-sync the sound and the video, which is rather important when you're trying to enjoy a flippin' singing competition. Just in time for the final twelve, I will now enjoy Idol in vivid HD fabulousness. Yay! I did happen to catch Tuesday and Wednesday's shows, and for the first time in 5 years, I'm thrilled with the final 12! Every one of them deserve to be there (except I ain't pickin' Pickler..she is cute though). I think it's gonna come down to Chris Daughtry (more gratuitous shots of his monster package please...home skillet's packin' some heat fo sho) Paris (more ballads less Conga), Mandisa (love you), and Ace (hate him, but loved his song choice, and incidentally Drunk Paula (shut up) he was singing Floetry's version, not Michael's, which made me respect him even though I can't stand him) and my personal favorite, Lisa Tucker. She's got it goin' on, and her best performance is still in the cue I suspect. I'm out.

Prof.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home