Idol Chatter: "We Have A Winner!"

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

"We Have A Winner!"

So said the 7 year old in my house! Actually, he thought we had two winners! That would be the first set of twins. For the life of me, I can't remember their names...but, not to worry, we will be seeing them in Hollywood. Other descriptions included "sucky" and "oh my god, what was she thinking!"

Perhaps I now realize what was meant by "nastier" after hearing Simon last night. He was on a tare...but not only him. So was Paula! While Simon definately put words in her mouth with the "rat" comment...she still was a little more edgy in her comments (remember "absolutely not!"). There was one moment where we stopped the show and hit rewind. That was when Simon made a little comment after the one-named wonder left the audition room (with yellow ticket in hand). Simon said "she got what she wanted, perhaps we'll need a bigger stage!" Poor thing...she really wasn't that big!

A couple of my favorites from Chicago - tan girl - the idiot who kicked the show off - the idiot who showed up as lady liberty (probably could sing...but the outfit...dang, this isn't clown idol). Unfortunately we were treated too much of idiot number 1 (why continue to put all of us through our misery). I did enjoy the girl who used some inappropriate language in her actual audition, then really went off. I wanted to be shocked, but as one person said in my house "ain't nothing they haven't heard before!" So true!

Tonight we will be treated to another hour (second part of the season premier). Don't forget to watch
Skating with Celebrities immdiately following Idol (also on Fox). My favorite morning personality, weather/fashion girl will be featured...give it up for Jillian Barberie.

j.

2 Comments:

Blogger jaaybug said...

I must admit, Paula wasn't nearly as annoying as usual, let's hope that trend continues. Too bad I couldn't get the A.I. remote produced in time for this season. For a treat, I suggest re-watching last night's premier...you can visibly watch Paula get F-d up. She's stone sober at the beginning, and then the Rum Fairy and Vicodin Vixen pay her a visit, et voila, instant doe-eyed, inane and ultimately entertaining (for all the wrong reasons) Paula!

11:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can’t remember the last time I sat glued to the TV like last night.

The tan girl could be a wax dummy for Ashlee Simpson…or a teenage Britney Spears gone awry.

12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home