Idol Chatter: Lesson 11 - Somebody has to go

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Lesson 11 - Somebody has to go


He never looked the part, but dang, the boy could sing! In the looks department, like Clay Aiken, he has evolved during the competition and become more polished and nearly turned into what America appears to want their Idol to look like. But in the end, it wasn't enough and I'm sad. Elliott was the favorite in my house but, as one person mentioned to me today, it seemed like after Chris left rather unceremoniously last week, that the fight kind of went out of Elliott. You could kind of tell that he was resigned to his fate.

I wanted to be sad for him, but when I looked back on his journey I was amazed. This kid who has lost 90% of his hearing in one ear and faced a host of other physical challenges came a long way. He won us over with his voice, but it was that indomitable spirit that made us fall in love with him. Were his CD to come out today, we'd buy it!

Elliott, we wish you the best in life! Remember, this is only the beginning. In farewell, we echo Simon..."you've made your mum proud!"

j.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home